The North Pole is doomed. And there is nothing you can do about it.
- By the end of August, the Obama administration will allow Shell, a foreign oil company, to begin drilling in the Chucki Sea. Most oil will not flow to America.
- 1/4 of the Earth’s oil and gas reserves contained in the Arctic
- Ice is melting far faster than climate scientists expected
- Once the ice melts enough, Russia, Canada, US, Norway, etc., ready to pounce to develop oil, gas, mineral (gold and diamonds), commercial fishing, and tourism industries
- Fisheries to be depleted within a few years
- Norway’s Statoil, Chevron, ExxonMobil and Russia’s Rosneft have all revealed plans to drill in the Arctic
- Ice reflects sunlight. When the ice melts, less sun will be reflected causing rapid warming of the oceans.
The Guardian: Arctic wilderness faces pollution threats as oil and gas giants targets riches